Topeka Metro is a Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to view Topeka Metro’s EEO Statement: Metro EEO Statement
Maintenance Technician II
Topeka Metro is accepting applications for a full-time Maintenance Technician II.
- Knowledge and ability to perform duties including, but not limited to: inspections, diagnostics, and repair of heavy duty diesel engines and drive train componentry.
- Must have a thorough understanding of electrical/multiplexing systems and the ability to use computer based diagnostic applications.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary for the completion of assigned duties.
- Possess and maintain an inventory of hand tools necessary for the position.
- Possess a Class A or B CDL with air brake & passenger endorsement.
- Ability to work various shifts Mon.-Fri.
- 3-5 years of experience working on heavy duty diesel engines preferred.
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age with a high school diploma/GED, able to pass a background check, drug screen post-offer DOT medical exam and functional employment test.
Position pays $20.42/hr. with benefits and KPERS.
Mail to the following address no later than 4/25/14:
201 N. Kansas Ave.
Topeka, KS 66603