Topeka Metro is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Topeka Metro is accepting resumes for a full-time Accountant to perform a wide variety of professional accounting and related fiscal management tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- Five (5) years of public sector experience
- Proven proficiency with accounting and management skills
- Organizational skills and ability to complete multiple tasks
- Experienced and proficient with accounting software and Excel spreadsheets
Topeka Metro offers a great benefit package and is a KPERS employer. Salary will commensurate with experience. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled. Topeka Metro is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE.
Download Characteristic Survey here: Applicant Characteristic Survey
Submit cover letter, resume, three references, and an applicant characteristic survey to:
201 N. Kansas Ave.
Topeka, KS 66603
Website for survey: www.topekametro.org
Public Transit Bus Operator
Enjoy a rewarding career providing public transit service to our community! Topeka Metro is accepting applications for Bus Operators to provide safe, professional, and courteous public transit service.
- Customer oriented with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and communicate effectively and courteously.
- Demonstrate a professional, pleasant and helpful demeanor towards the public.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to memorize routes, transfer points, and fare structures.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and comply with safety and traffic rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Reliable and flexible with the ability to work various shifts Monday-Saturday.
- Ability to obtain a KS CDL with air brake and passenger endorsements within two weeks of hire date.
- Steady work history with previous experience.
- Must maintain an excellent driving record.
- Satisfactorily pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen, functional employment test and DOT medical exam.
- 21 years of age with a HS diploma/GED.
Full-time starting pay after two weeks of training: $15.07/hr.
6 months $16.07/hr.
12 months $17.08/hr.
18 months $18.08/hr.
30 months $20.09/hr.
Topeka Metro Admin. Office – 201 N. Kansas Ave. Topeka, KS 66603
Quincy Street Station – 820 S.E. Quincy Topeka, KS 66612
Submit your application, along with the applicant characteristic survey. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
Drug Free Workplace and EOE.
Marketing and Communications Intern – Spring Semester 2017
Topeka Metro is is accepting resumes for a Marketing and Communications intern to assist with marketing, advertising, outreach activities and promotional programs to enhance ridership and community awareness. We work with your university or school to help fulfill your internship requirements while providing real-world experience to apply your academic knowledge. Duties include:
- Assisting with multi-media advertising campaigns, promotions, special events, community outreach and education
- Assisting with coordinating assigned activities with other departments and outside agencies
- Assisting with producing, publishing and distributing all educational and promotional publications
- Writing Rider’s Digest newsletter and employee newsletter (monthly)
Please send your resume to Keri Renner, Director of Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position description listed below.
Topeka Metro is a Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to view Topeka Metro’s EEO Statement: EEO POLICY STATEMENT