HELP KEEP OUR TOPEKA METRO TRANSIT SYSTEM SAFE AND FRIENDLY FOR ALL PASSENGERS
Bus conduct is regulated by city and state laws, as well as Topeka Metro policies.
Please give front seats to seniors, disabled or pregnant passengers.
The following is prohibited on the bus:
- Eating drinking or open food and drink containers
- Intoxication or being under the influence of illegal substances
- Smoking (including the entry way onto the bus)
- Flammable liquids, such as gasoline, kerosene, propane, etc.
- Dangerous or large items, such as car batteries, explosives, fireworks, furniture, trees, panes of glass, etc.
- Firearms or weapons of any kind
- Disorderly, abusive, dangerous, obscene, or threatening behavior or language
- Unruly behavior, profanity, fighting, spitting, feet on the seats, or littering
- Noise producing devices (headphones are allowed)
- Unlawful posting of materials on transit property
- Excessive carry-on items or packages in seats or aisles
- Leaving items or children unattended
- Animals without a latched pet carrier, with the exception of guide/service animals
- Indecent exposure (i.e. must have a shirt, pants and shoes)
- Bikes inside the vehicle
- Strollers that are not empty or folded prior to boarding or that block aisles or doorways
- Offensive body odor or clothing soiled with bodily fluids
- Open or uncovered sores or wounds
- Fare evasion or sharing of monthly passes
- Operating or tampering of vehicle equipment
- Physical or verbal abuse of the operator, another passenger or any transit employee
- Cell phones on speaker or loud conversations that may distract the operator
- Standing in front of the standee line, in doorways, or on the steps
- Standing when open seats are available
- Standing before the bus comes to a complete stop
- Wearing or using roller skates, roller blades, or skateboards
- Distracting or inappropriate conversation with the bus operator
- Idle riding
The Bus Operator always has the reasonable authority to refuse service or ask for a passenger’s justified removal.