CURRENT JOB OPENINGS AT TOPEKA METRO
Position Title: Chief Financial Officer
Job Description: Current as of September 2021
Reports to: General Manager
FSLA Status: Exempt
Benefit Package: Yes
Education Required: Degreed Professional with Accounting Emphasis
Experience: Public Administration Preferred
Minimum Age: 21
Position Status: Full time (may require some evening and weekend hours as needed)
To coordinate, organize, and perform complex professional accounting and budgeting work in the computation, recording, and reporting of financial transactions for the Topeka Metropolitan Transit Authority.
- Proven experience coordinating and directing the fiscal accounting and reporting functions within a relevant business or governmental entity with emphasis on payroll, contract compliance, fund accounting and forecasting.
- Experience developing line item annual budgets.
- Applied knowledge in analyzing, interpreting and reporting financial data to ensure compliance of all state and federal regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and ability to provide guidance to division managers, supervisors, and support personnel.
- Confident and persuasive communicator both orally and in writing. Ability to present and explain financial results and analysis to executive level management and board of directors.
- Public procurement and government grant experience preferred.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Performs and/or oversees all agency accounting functions, including A/R, A/P, Payroll, Cash Management, J/E, G/L, Asset Management, and F/S.
- Prepares and submits all required governmental grant and fiscal reports by their due date.
- Develops and monitors the annual budget with the assistance of division managers, and prepare financial forecasts as required.
- Analyzes, interprets and administers laws and regulations relating to accounting and budgetary systems as they relate to a transit authority.
- Plans and develops procedures for preparing fiscal reports, and maintain centralized control of all financial records.
- Manages daily cash flow to ensure availability and security of funds, and maximize investment earnings.
- Directs the work of financial personnel.
- Performs and/or oversees all purchasing, ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Performs duties associated with project management to ensure that projects are completed correctly, on time, and on budget.
- Serves as the Treasurer to the Governing Board.
- Develops, prepares and maintains written procedures for all functions.
- Monitors company insurance policies to ensure appropriate asset and liability coverage.
- Prepares annual audit material, and serves as contact for the single auditor.
- Manages all grants from federal, state and local granting agencies.
- Ensures compliance with DBE, Buy America, and Debarment/Suspension requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Predominately sedentary and requires minimal or negligible physical assertion; however, may require moderate lifting up to forty (40) lbs., occasionally.
- Environmental conditions involve typical office levels of temperature, ventilation, and lighting; with occasional driving and traveling.
This position description is not meant to imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. Requirements listed are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities.
Download a characteristic survey & submit by mail, e-mail, in person or fax. Our addess is 201 N. Kansas Avenue, Topeka, Kansas 66603
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Topeka Metro offers excellent benefits and is a KPERS employer.
Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN IV
Topeka Metro is accepting applications for a full-time Maintenance Technician IV to perform entry-level inspections and routine maintenance as required on bus fleet vehicles and provide building and ground maintenance for all Topeka Metro properties.
- Knowledge and ability to perform service work including, but not limited to fueling, checking/replenishing fluid levels, tire pressures, chassis, and body.
- Ability to perform facility and grounds maintenance including but not limited to mowing, snow removal, minor facility repairs and painting.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary for the completion of assigned duties.
- Possess and maintain an inventory of hand tools necessary for the position.
- Ability to obtain a Class B CDL with air brake and passenger endorsements.
- Steady work history with mechanical experience.
- HS diploma/GED.
The shift for this position is Tuesday-Friday 12:15 p.m. – 7:15 p.m. and Saturday 6:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. with pay of $20.27/hour. Topeka Metro offers great benefits and is a KPERS employer. Applicants must satisfactorily pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen, post offer functional employment test, and DOT medical exam.
Download an application & characteristic survey & submit by mail, e-mail, in person or fax. Applications accepted until position is filled.
201 N. Kansas Ave.
Topeka, KS 66603
FAX: (785) 233-3063
Drug-Free Workplace and EOE.
SAFETY & TRAINING SUPERVISOR
This position is responsible for (1) training and retraining personnel and the public, (2) composing, disseminating, and providing oversight of agency safety and security policies, and (3) providing support to the Operations Supervisors and the Chief Operations Officer in the delivery of safe, courteous, and quality transportation services to the public.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Possess strong analytical and decision-making skills, particularly in emergencies.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with an emphasis on providing safety and motivational training to various size groups of employees and passengers.
- Demonstrate strong multi-tasking skills and be proactive.
- Proven knowledge of safety training practices, federal, state, and local regulations applicable to transit operations.
- Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge of company policies, procedures, and union contract provisions.
- Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge of routes, bus stops, timetables, and operator assignments.
- Excellent technical and business writing skills.
- Possess skills in accident and incident investigation procedures.
- Proficient in computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Office applications and other transit technology.
- Possess a general understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act guidelines.
- Knowledge of the operation of all safety and communication equipment.
- Knowledge and skill level to drive a wide array of buses, trucks, and sedans.
- Must have and maintain a valid KS CDL with air brake and passenger endorsements or must be able to obtain and maintain one upon offer of job.
- College Degree or five (5) years of safety, training, or supervisory experience or some combination of coursework and experience.
Certified Director of Safety and/or Certified Safety Professional designation or equivalent experience as well as previous transit safety experience preferred.
Applicants must satisfactorily pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen, post offer functional employment test, and DOT medical exam. Topeka Metro offers an excellent benefit package and is a KPERS employer.
Submit cover letter, resume, three (3) references, and an applicant characteristic survey to:
201 N. Kansas Ave.
Topeka, KS 66603
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Drug-Free Workplace and EOE.
PUBLIC TRANSIT BUS OPERATORS
Enjoy a rewarding career providing public transit service to our community! Topeka Metro is accepting applications for full-time Bus Operators to provide safe, professional, and courteous public transit service.
- Customer oriented with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and communicate effectively and courteously.
- Demonstrate a professional, pleasant, and helpful demeanor towards the public.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to memorize routes, transfer points, fare structures, and work with all bus technology.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and comply with safety and traffic rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Reliable and flexible with the ability to work various shifts M-F and every Saturday.
- Ability to obtain a KS CDL with air brake and passenger endorsements within two weeks of hire date.
- Steady work history with previous experience.
- Must maintain an excellent driving record.
- 21 years of age with a HS diploma/GED.
Applicants must satisfactorily pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen, post offer functional employment test, and DOT medical exam.
Download an application & characteristic survey at topekametro.org and submit by mail, e-mail, or in person.
201 N. Kansas Ave.
Topeka, KS 66603
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Drug-Free Workplace and EOE.
First two-weeks of training: $14.23/hr.
After two-weeks of training: $17.79/hr.
6 months: $18.90/hr.
12 months: $20.02/hr.
18 months: $21.12/hr.
24 months: $22.24/hr.