PUBLIC TRANSIT BUS OPERATORS
Enjoy a rewarding career providing public transit service to our community! Topeka Metro is accepting applications for full-time Bus Operators to provide safe, professional, and courteous public transit service.
- Customer oriented with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and communicate effectively and courteously.
- Demonstrate a professional, pleasant, and helpful demeanor towards the public.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to memorize routes, transfer points, fare structures, and work with all bus technology.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and comply with safety and traffic rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Reliable and flexible with the ability to work various shifts M-F and every Saturday.
- Ability to obtain a KS CDL with air brake and passenger endorsements within two weeks of hire date.
- Steady work history with previous experience.
- Must maintain an excellent driving record.
- 21 years of age with a HS diploma/GED.
Applicants must satisfactorily pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen, post offer functional employment test, and DOT medical exam.
Download an application & characteristic survey at www.topekametro.org and submit by mail, e-mail, or in person.
201 N. Kansas Ave.
Topeka, KS 66603
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Drug Free Workplace and EOE.
First two-weeks of training: $14.02/hr.
After two-weeks of training: $17.53/hr.
6 months: $18.62/hr.
12 months: $19.72/hr.
18 months: $20.81/hr.
24 months: $21.91/hr.